Powering up your project while bringing emissions down. At Calico, we support, encourage and assist our team to reduce our everyday environmental impact, wherever we can.
Our ongoing commitment to employ environmentally sustainable practices is front of mind both within the workplace and across all of our activities.
Our commitment to reduce Calico’s overall environmental footprint is reinforced by:
- Understanding the environmental impact of our activities
- Educating staff on the issues we can tackle together at Calico
- Making changes to the way we operate in order to reduce our impact (where we can)
- Ensuring all staff and contractors at Calico are aware of our environmental policy and how they can contribute
To help reach our targets, we provide staff and contractors with our environmental impact policy, which outlines all the procedures and resources we have available to ensure our environmental goals are met.
Each year, we endeavour to continually reduce our ecological footprint by:
- Striving to minimise office waste
- Providing staff with appropriate resources to reduce overall environmental impact
- Monitoring our impact and making the appropriate changes to ensure any impact decreases
- Keeping ourselves informed and educated of new sustainability best practises
By constantly reviewing our practises and procedures, we are always striving to better Calico’s contribution to a greener planet.
Calico offsets all emissions generated by the impact of our business using a mix of Greenpower and Verified Carbon Standard offsets. Our carbon offsets are supplied by Climate Friendly and address the root cause of climate change by funding renewable energy and energy efficiency.
Our goal is to achieve formal government certification of carbon neutral business operations against the National Carbon Offset Standard (NCOS).